This video is weird. But it doesn’t make the song any less great. My favorite off of Shad’s latest album.
Hey @FestivalSupreme: Refund my ticket price
Flew to LA this weekend for Festival Supreme, “Comedy Coachella” on the Santa Monica pier. It was a shitshow of epic proportions. In addition to giving great talent 15-min slots, and forcing other great talent to sing tepid, unfunny songs rather than do stand up, the event was oversold by around 100%, leading to huge crowds everywhere, and literally being turned away from even entering the area where many of the best acts were playing.
I made some new friends on twitter bitching about the event, and figured I’d share the email I just sent to the event organizers, so that others among the frustrated thousands there could perhaps add their gripes. Here we go:
- The 1 hr+ line to get in that went along the side of a highway
- The abysmally disgusting bathrooms (which were pitch black after sunset)
- The complete lack of medical/security assistance for people fainting in the crowd
- The concession stands running out of stock halfway through the day (that stock being beer that cost $9 for 12 oz, and warm 16 oz Crystal Geyser bottles for $4 — very classy of you)
- The ridiculously overcrowded state of every inch of the space, with unpleasant and unsafe bottlenecks everywhere.
“‘Oh, boo hoo, it’s hard having a car in New York City.’ No shit, asshole. It should be hard, and if you can’t hack it then don’t drive. You’re asking a lot of the city and its residents to accommodate your car. You should be creeping around town at 20mph with your valid paperwork on hand at all times, petrified at the idea of making contact with anything.”
@DrDogMusic kills it yet again. How do they put out excellent songs with such crazy frequency and consistency?
I can’t really imagine anything I could love more than this clip of Dr. Dog on Yo Gabba Gabba.
A couple of weeks ago, I was scheduled to take a trip from New York (JFK) to Los Angeles on JetBlue. Every year, my family goes on a one-week pilgrimage, where we put our work on hold and spend time visiting temples, praying, and spending time with family and friends. To my Jewish friends, I often…
Yay for everything new ever from @IamAlexWinston
It’s 60 degrees in San Francisco, but summer music is still a thing
Source: SoundCloud / Panama Wedding
Not mad at the new Gambino
Source: SoundCloud / Childish Gambino
Yum yum yum another RAC winner
Source: SoundCloud / RAC